Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Memory

When does creativity begin?  I think it is forever in us, only to mutate itself over and over at different times, in different ways, at different stages of our lives.
Recently while visiting my Mom, who is currently going through the “let me give you things that I have had forever” stage of her life she handed over a small jewelry box which contained a broken bracelet.

The memory came back as easily as the beads fell out of the box…Camp Fitch almost 40 yeas ago. I remembered the tents we slept in, the canoes that intimated me, my first time writing letters home, the in-ground trampoline that made me grow wings, and the wonderful Craft Pavilion.
That summer produced a mosaic hotplate, and with the left over tiles the bracelet that opened the memory. I remember the feeling happiness as I brought those projects home at the end of summer.  That same feeling still lives in me today whenever I create to give or share. Perhaps the true gift is that creativity is given to each of us!



No comments: