Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Succulent

Succulent!

My new obsession... I used to think of these little ones only as cactus creatures.
 ...and as with all my projects, this one turned out nothing like it started!  I was sure a trip to Salvation Army would grant me a fish bowl, and I would be creating my succulent terrarium.

No fish bowl ...but these marvelous looking drinking glasses!  The top is a mirrored, kinda of mercury looking finish... hmmm...my other new obsession... mercury glass!  Wonderful!
Now, my trip to the greenhouse... before the trip to the Army, I purchased 4 little plants...
...the Army only had 3 glasses.... but on a shelf a few feet down is this darling little sugar bowl... SCORE!  Since I am potting with no drainage a few of these in the bottom... to keep the soil dry.
 
Aren't they just fitting to their name!

and, their names:
  • String of Buttons
  • Echeveria mazarine
  • Alpenglow
  • Perle vob Nurnberg

No comments: