Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Muse

My usual is to take classes that I created something, but this week it was a class on creativity. I had no expectations (which always works out to my benefit) and was so touched by the evening and information.
The class: Rediscovering the Muse Within
The place: Craft Akron
http://www.craftakron.com/
The teacher: Deborah Phelps Miller
It was an introduction to the nine Greek muses…. none of which I had been formally introduced to prior to this evening... but now know they may have danced in my mind a time or two! We explored what each  brings as an offering of enlightment to the world and how we can use them to awaken our own creativity.

Today my muse will be Thalia, she presided over comedy and humorous playfulness. She is best known as the one frolicking in the fields. Hopefully she will join me for a morning of weeding! 

 Perhaps there is a sixth sense to creativity?

No comments: